Pair of Colt .357's That Sold On Gunbroker - Gunner Forum
Gunner Forum

Pair of Colt .357's That Sold On Gunbroker

This is a discussion on Pair of Colt .357's That Sold On Gunbroker within the Gun Talk forums, part of the Gunner Forum category; Check out this pair of Colt Boas that sold on Gunbroker. A lotta money for guns from the 1980's. Supposedly only about 600 sets were ...


Go Back   Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > Gun Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 279
Pair of Colt .357's That Sold On Gunbroker

Check out this pair of Colt Boas that sold on Gunbroker. A lotta money for guns from the 1980's. Supposedly only about 600 sets were made, and how many of those are still together? No, I didn't buy them. Or sell them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/620240317

Last edited by Shakyshoot; 03-12-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Shakyshoot is offline  
Register

Welcome to Gunner Forum - a friendly gun forum for gun owners.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Gunner Forum family!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
44s Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Far Western WA.
Posts: 8,514
Yikes!!
44s Rock is offline  
Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Machinist's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: McKinney, TX
Posts: 8,791
Wow.

Guess it makes more sense then some. I just read a Pollack painting portrayed in the movie The Accountant, sold for one hundred million dollars. I would not have it on my wall.
Machinist is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Terry_P's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: NH
Posts: 7,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
Wow.

Guess it makes more sense then some. I just read a Pollack painting portrayed in the movie The Accountant, sold for one hundred million dollars. I would not have it on my wall.
You're not an accountant Mac.

They are some pretty Colts. What does BOA stand for??? With the sales tax it figures to be $30,150. Truthfully I doubt if the sales tax is owed if they take out of state delivery, at least not to AZ.
Terry_P is offline  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Machinist's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: McKinney, TX
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_P View Post
You're not an accountant Mac.

They are some pretty Colts. What does BOA stand for??? With the sales tax it figures to be $ 30,150. Truthfully I doubt if the sales tax is owed if they take out of state delivery, at least not to AZ.
From Wikipedia,

"... variants of the Python were made in small numbers by Colt. The first was the Colt Boa of 1985, a limited production .357 Magnum revolver, made for the Lew Horton Distributing Company in Massachusetts. It used a Python barrel mated to a Trooper Mk V frame. Six hundred 6-inch revolvers and 600 4-inch revolvers were made, of which 100 were matched sets. Though it resembles a Python visually, it is substantially different internally..."

No interest.
Machinist is offline  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Machinist's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: McKinney, TX
Posts: 8,791
For a shooter I prefer the early Trooper which was like a Python with a simple barrel and less hand work. I found the 6" Python a bit muzzle heavy for me. Same problem with the 6" S&W 686/586 or some of the 6" K frames with full underlugs.
Machinist is offline  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Redford, Michigan
Posts: 43
" The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys".
overlord is offline  
Old 03-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Terry_P's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: NH
Posts: 7,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
From Wikipedia,

"... variants of the Python were made in small numbers by Colt. The first was the Colt Boa of 1985, a limited production .357 Magnum revolver, made for the Lew Horton Distributing Company in Massachusetts. It used a Python barrel mated to a Trooper Mk V frame. Six hundred 6-inch revolvers and 600 4-inch revolvers were made, of which 100 were matched sets. Though it resembles a Python visually, it is substantially different internally..."

No interest.
When my wife and I graduated from UNH the jobs were in Massachusetts so we moved down to the Framingham area and each got jobs in the area. My first handgun was a 6" Ruger Security Six that I bought NIB from the Lew Horton Gun Store in 1979 that was in Framingham. Sounds like they have grown and moved a couple towns over. We got out of Mass in 1988 and escaped back to NH in 1988.
Terry_P is offline  
Reply

  Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > Gun Talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Gunner Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Colt SA addiction, first look north country gal Range Reports 23 02-01-2017 02:18 PM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List


Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Gunner Forum. All rights reserved.