Appointment this afternoon - Page 2 - Gunner Forum
Gunner Forum

Appointment this afternoon

This is a discussion on Appointment this afternoon within the CCW forums, part of the Gunner Forum category; Originally Posted by 303Lithgow Washington State was the first state to pass a "must issue" law. And they set a law on how long it ...


Go Back   Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > CCW

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: Las Vegas / SW Florida
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
Washington State was the first state to pass a "must issue" law. And they set a law on how long it can take. If the state wants to take longer they have to go before a judge and give the reasons. Here the county in which you live issues the license.
Not the state?? Interesting. Mine is good in FL for just short of 7 years. They hack a few months off and tell you it's good for 6 years and how many months til your next birthday. At least I think that's how it is. I received mine in Sept of last year and it's good til 4/2020.
Calamity Sue is offline  
Register

Welcome to Gunner Forum - a friendly gun forum for gun owners.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Gunner Forum family!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
Not the state?? Interesting. Mine is good in FL for just short of 7 years. They hack a few months off and tell you it's good for 6 years and how many months til your next birthday. At least I think that's how it is. I received mine in Sept of last year and it's good til 4/2020.
It is a state license issued by each county. Sort of like getting a state drivers license.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
KimberLover's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,142
I've held my CCP for 20 years now.
In NC you have to take a course and pass a shooting event
The instructors are licensed and they do cover all laws to the Nth degree..
All of the finger printing is done in our county in the sheriff's office.
Going there is like going into a Hitler prison camp.
As the song in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" that says I don't like going to that place.
Any way, it is an event that you must redo 2 months before your drivers dicense expires and they do not notify you.
I guess they are hoping you will forget it.
Then there is the $80 to renew.
KimberLover is offline  
 
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Imagine having to get a license to be able to use your 1st rights.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
mcgee10's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Michigan
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberLover View Post
I've held my CCP for 20 years now.
In NC you have to take a course and pass a shooting event
The instructors are licensed and they do cover all laws to the Nth degree..
All of the finger printing is done in our county in the sheriff's office.
Going there is like going into a Hitler prison camp.
As the song in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" that says I don't like going to that place.
Any way, it is an event that you must redo 2 months before your drivers dicense expires and they do not notify you.
I guess they are hoping you will forget it.
Then there is the $80 to renew.
I love hearing about what needs to be done in other states to get a CCP. I see in NC you have to PASS a shooting event in Michigan you need to shoot a pistol with the instructor there at 15 feet( Here's the funny part you don't have to hit the target not even once) so I have wondered if a blind person can get one here in Michigan.
mcgee10 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Agonnazar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Deltona, FL
Posts: 140
Any not LEO/ex-LEO, or military/ex-military have to take a class here in FL. I've talked to a lot of places to see what they offer and how their class is. Some are shady as hell and I wouldn't let anyone I know go through it; they are cheap though. Others are exhaustive and expensive. I'm going to get my wife to go to Gander Mountain Academy and have her take their class. 99 bucks, 6 hours, virtual and live range time, with a huge emphasis on safety. Unfortunately, they don't assist with any of the paperwork or anything. But, I'd rather have my wife exposed to all the things she needs to know and not just from me, after all, I'm only her husband, lol
Agonnazar is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgee10 View Post
I love hearing about what needs to be done in other states to get a CCP. I see in NC you have to PASS a shooting event in Michigan you need to shoot a pistol with the instructor there at 15 feet( Here's the funny part you don't have to hit the target not even once) so I have wondered if a blind person can get one here in Michigan.
The 5 different states I got a CCW in they all needed to shoot a qualifying target score to get your CCW in all of them . You don't need a lic if you can't hit your target or shoot some bystander by mistake . Now I know why not all CCW are honored in all states . If you can't hit the target I don't want you in my state with a loaded gun shooting wildly .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
… NCG, out of the class of 30, 19 were women.
Lots of gals in our class, too and more than a few of us grannies, at that.
north country gal is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
The 5 different states I got a CCW in they all needed to shoot a qualifying target score to get your CCW in all of them . You don't need a lic if you can't hit your target or shoot some bystander by mistake . Now I know why not all CCW are honored in all states . If you can't hit the target I don't want you in my state with a loaded gun shooting wildly .
I thought the range time for the AZ class was rather lax. All you had to do is hit paper at ten feet. What they were really interested in was that you could handle the firearm safely. Remember the right to bear arms is not just for those that can shoot well.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
Such classes are a fact of life in this society, no doubt about it. Still, I have to wonder what might have happened if the colonists back during the time of the Revolutionary War had been required to take a class and have a license before they could legally carry a gun. Hmmmm!
north country gal is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
Member
 
ugotit33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Canada
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by north country gal View Post
Such classes are a fact of life in this society, no doubt about it. Still, I have to wonder what might have happened if the colonists back during the time of the Revolutionary War had been required to take a class and have a license before they could legally carry a gun. Hmmmm!
They where real back then.
The society today are scared shit chickens.
Like the pied pier and the rats all going down the stream.
ugotit33 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Sightngrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: in the wind or on the beach
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgee10 View Post
All you people be dam happy you didn't need a CWP in Michigan but in Michigan it's done by which county you live in. And some county like mine Kent county thinks no one should have a permit at all so they drag the whole process out as long as possible most people here wait 10-12 weeks and some are denied for no reason at all.
First you need a class for 8 hour and the proof you took the class at $95.00
Then a passport grade photo--$10.00
Then you take the photo, the class proof and $100.00 to the county clerks office
Then you go to the Police station to be finger printed
Then you wait even my last renewal took 8 weeks

And no ever let it expire or the whole process has to be repeated.
I respectably disagree with several statements in your post.

In Michigan the concealed carry permit is called a CPL, concealed pistol license.

Many CPL classes are not a full 8 hours long, mine was not. Some classes are longer spread over several days depending on how advanced of a class you choose to take.

( Just FYI ...Most people do not need to get a certain score to pass the CPL class, just demonstrate safe shooting skills.)

Classes are not all $95.00. They run the gamut, I've known people to pay as little as $35.00 on up to $200.00, depending on what is included in the class. Some classes provide lunch & t-shirts for the students.

The application costs $105.00 plus a passport type photo for $10.00.

The wait times for your CPL can vary. Mine only took 21 days that included a holiday weekend. I've known someone that recently received their CPL back in 14 days.

I know of several people that just needed to take their CPL certificates in and they were able to renew their expired CPLs. They did not need to take the class again.

It was a breeze for me to get my CPL in Michigan. Most people that I have talked with think it is very easy to get their CPLs in Michigan. I don't want people to think it is a big deal, because its not.

Last edited by Sightngrl; 03-29-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Sightngrl is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Since in Washington State the license is issued by the county the time frame varies. I can't remember the cost but all you need to do is be fingerprinted and send everything in with your check. The time frame again all depends on the county. So what is true for one is not true for all.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:35 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
mcgee10's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Michigan
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightngrl View Post
I respectably disagree with several statements in your post.

In Michigan the concealed carry permit is called a CPL, concealed pistol license.

Many CPL classes are not a full 8 hours long, mine was not. Some classes are longer spread over several days depending on how advanced of a class you choose to take.

( Just FYI ...Most people do not need to get a certain score to pass the CPL class, just demonstrate safe shooting skills.)

Classes are not all $95.00. They run the gamut, I've known people to pay as little as $35.00 on up to $200.00, depending on what is included in the class. Some classes provide lunch & t-shirts for the students.

The application costs $105.00 plus a passport type photo for $10.00.

The wait times for your CPL can vary. Mine only took 21 days that included a holiday weekend. I've known someone that recently received their CPL back in 14 days.

I know of several people that just needed to take their CPL certificates in and they were able to renew their expired CPLs. They did not need to take the class again.

It was a breeze for me to get my CPL in Michigan. Most people that I have talked with think it is very easy to get their CPLs in Michigan. I don't want people to think it is a big deal, because its not.
You can do that BUT I'm in Kent county and this is how it is here.
Kent county is by far the worst county to get one in, I was told point blank at the clerks office that the director would like to see every applicant in person. It's not a breeze in KENT county that's all I was saying. Kent county is the slowest county to issue permits
I don't know where you got any score from.
Nobody in Kent county is getting there permit in 21 days.
It looks to me like you nit picked everything Michigan is one of few screwed up states that do this by County when it's a State license.
I have all my past license and I see the wording on what it is has changed at least once my first one 18 years old says concealed weapon permit-CWP and my newest one says concealed pistol license-CPL.
mcgee10 is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Sightngrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: in the wind or on the beach
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
Since in Washington State the license is issued by the county the time frame varies. I can't remember the cost but all you need to do is be fingerprinted and send everything in with your check. The time frame again all depends on the county. So what is true for one is not true for all.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgee10 View Post
You can do that BUT I'm in Kent county and this is how it is here.
Kent county is by far the worst county to get one in, I was told point blank at the clerks office that the director would like to see every applicant in person. It's not a breeze in KENT county that's all I was saying. Kent county is the slowest county to issue permits
I don't know where you got any score from.
Nobody in Kent county is getting there permit in 21 days.
It looks to me like you nit picked everything Michigan is one of few screwed up states that do this by County when it's a State license.
I have all my past license and I see the wording on what it is has changed at least once my first one 18 years old says concealed weapon permit-CWP and my newest one says concealed pistol license-CPL.
Sightnguy said he'd help you move
Sightngrl is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Hey you told me I couldn't ditto.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Sightngrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: in the wind or on the beach
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
Hey you told me I couldn't ditto.
Since when do you listen to anyone?
Sightngrl is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Did someone say something?
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 03-31-2014, 02:44 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2011
From: USA
Posts: 508
Kansas CCL's are expensive at the start. They cost $132.50 plus a passport quality photo and an 8 hour training course. These range drastically in cost, depending on who you take the test from. Average cost is probably about $75.00. Licenses are valid for 4 years. Renewals cost $25.00 plus a passport quality photo. Unless you are a convicted felon, convicted of domestic violence or adjudicated mentally defective, the State's Attorney General must issue the permit within 90 days.

Beginning July 1, 2013, the State of Kansas will recognize all “valid” concealed carry licenses (or permits, cards, etc.) that are issued by another State or the District of Columbia. HOWEVER, there are two important caveats to that general rule: (1) this recognition only extends to individuals who are not residents of Kansas. If you are passing through Kansas to another state, or staying in Kansas temporarily for business or pleasure – a valid CCH license from another jurisdiction will be honored beginning July 1, 2013; and (2) this recognition will only allow the license holder to carry a concealed handgun. Any other defensive weapons carried by the non-Kansas license holder must, as with all Kansas residents, be carried in accordance with Kansas law while they are within Kansas’ borders.
rman43 is offline  
Old 05-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Agonnazar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
From: Deltona, FL
Posts: 140
So. 3-4 weeks my ass. Still waiting.
Agonnazar is offline  
Reply

  Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > CCW


Search tags for this page

when is the next conceal weapon permit class in deltona

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List


Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Gunner Forum. All rights reserved.