Do you carry in your house - Gunner Forum
Gunner Forum

Do you carry in your house

This is a discussion on Do you carry in your house within the CCW forums, part of the Gunner Forum category; I carry my CCW Glock 23C for home defense gun on my person around the house with me 24/7 . A gun will do you ...


Go Back   Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > CCW

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Do you carry in your house

I carry my CCW Glock 23C for home defense gun on my person around the house with me 24/7 . A gun will do you NO GOOD if you are in the kitchen making a cup of coffee or in the bathroom and you left your gun in living room where you were watching TV when someone kicks open your front door with a gun . You will have less than 5 second to have you gun in your hand before they are pointing there gun at your head . So carry a gun that is easy for you to carry around the house . A robber not going to knock on your door and give you time to go get your gun . Surprise is everything ask any cop with a search warrant .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glock.jpg (154.1 KB, 10 views)
tx gun runner is offline  
Register

Welcome to Gunner Forum - a friendly gun forum for gun owners.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Gunner Forum family!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
Our crime rate is so low that, no, we don't carry in our home. More of a chance of a bear trying to break in than a burglar and bears don't try to break in a house unless the owner got stupid and left food and garbage outside where the bear could get it. Once a bear connects your house with food, you have a problem. Then, too, if anyone did approach the house, our dogs would sound a very loud alarm.
north country gal is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by north country gal View Post
Our crime rate is so low that, no, we don't carry in our home.
Your a soft target .... Drugster found out geese never sleep and make better watch dogs then dogs .

Just remember if anyone coming around looking horse or puppy for sale or some other lame excuse , they are casing your house . That is how my uncle [dead now ] did it for 50 yrs . If he seen the mark carrying gun he pass on that house and looked some where else
tx gun runner is offline  
 
Old 11-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
Oh, I agree on the geese. When I lived in Chicago, they were a major problem. Goose poop, everywhere, and they would attack people, sometimes, especially during nesting season. They can be really nasty critters.
north country gal is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by north country gal View Post
Oh, I agree on the geese. When I lived in Chicago, they were a major problem. Goose poop, everywhere, and they would attack people, sometimes, especially during nesting season. They can be really nasty critters.
We had 3 Canada geese when I was growing up and I don't remember the poop . But at the small lakes where they have a lot of them I remember that poop and the pigeon poop in Philly was a big problem too .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAeS2HhjPII
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
moakes58's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
I carry my CCW Glock 23C for home defense gun on my person around the house with me 24/7 . A gun will do you NO GOOD if you are in the kitchen making a cup of coffee or in the bathroom and you left your gun in living room where you were watching TV when someone kicks open your front door with a gun . You will have less than 5 second to have you gun in your hand before they are pointing there gun at your head . So carry a gun that is easy for you to carry around the house . A robber not going to knock on your door and give you time to go get your gun . Surprise is everything ask any cop with a search warrant .
That is true, but quite often around here, they do knock on the door. Asking for help, to prompt you to open it.

Another trend is to approach you when you are getting something in your car or bringing in groceries.

A few weeks back hear locally, they grabbed a young girl while retrieving something from her car & proceeded back in the house, using her as a shield & the Dad said close your eyes baby, it will be alright & put 1 in the guys head! It pays to practice

Also, the mom was backing him up with her CCW.
moakes58 is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
The Chicago suburbs made for perfect goose habitat. Bluegrass lawns provided the food and there were lots of city parks, shopping centers and apartment complexes with ponds and lakes for nighttime habitat. The Canadas never even migrated. They kept the water open in ponds by sheer numbers. The county actually trained dogs to go out and harass the geese out of the city parks because the geese were game birds and could not be shot out of season. Yup, goose poop, everywhere. Actually had one attack me while riding my bicycle. Pays to wear a bicycle helmet. Ouch!

Last edited by north country gal; 11-01-2014 at 09:23 AM.
north country gal is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
moakes58's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by north country gal View Post
The Chicago suburbs made for perfect goose habitat. Bluegrass lawns provided the food and there were lots of city parks, shopping centers and apartment complexes with ponds and lakes for nighttime habitat. The Canadas never even migrated. They kept the water open in ponds by sheer numbers. The county actually trained dogs to go out and harass the geese out of the city parks because the geese were game birds and could not be shot out of season. Yup, goose poop, everywhere. Actually had one attack me while riding my bicycle.
The mama's get awful mean & protective if you get near the nest. Those are the pooping-est animals I have ever seen!
moakes58 is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: colorado
Posts: 5,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
Your a soft target .... Drugster found out geese never sleep and make better watch dogs then dogs .

Just remember if anyone coming around looking horse or puppy for sale or some other lame excuse , they are casing your house . That is how my uncle [dead now ] did it for 50 yrs . If he seen the mark carrying gun he pass on that house and looked some where else
That approach worked on the Jehovah's round here too tgr!
Dennis H is offline  
Old 11-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
My front porch is fenced and locked and when I work in garage I have fencing to put up to let Duke run in garage with me . Before I open my door and I look and see it is not a neighbor I grab Duke's collar and key him on the words "ON GUARD " he shows his teeth and growls and 100 Lbs pitbull scares the hell out everyone outside that fence and they say sorry and leave . I have a No Solicitors and Beware of dog sign on door so they have no business knocking on my door . I never open door at night .


Last edited by tx gun runner; 11-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
brianinpa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 313
If it isn't on my waist, it is always within arms reach or the shotgun is in the corner of the room that I sit in most of the time....
brianinpa is offline  
Old 11-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Iwillshootit's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Ky.USA
Posts: 21
Nope not in my home,but I do keep one close by in case of an emergency.
Iwillshootit is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
44s Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Far Western WA.
Posts: 10,824
Always here though the wife doesn't, she figures I always have her back! That only works when I am there!
44s Rock is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
My "X" didn't like loaded gun in the house the 1st year were married . I had to go out of town for a couple of days and I left a loaded 1851 Colt sheriff on the top of the hutch for her . When I came home there was a foot print on the door like someone tried to kicked it open and a bullet hole in my front door . Someone said he was a meter reader a little after lunch and the meter is in he basement in Philly which was read only 3 weeks ago . I told her never go to front door without the gun in your hand if she is alone and never open the door or let anyone in the house for any reason . She told them they just read the meter and he kicked the door and then she shot . Didn't see any blood outside but a 36 cal round ball don't have much poop after going threw a 100 yr old oak door . There is a brick wall across the street for a back stop and no bullet hit it . My guess she hit him .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinpa View Post
If it isn't on my waist, it is always within arms reach or the shotgun is in the corner of the room that I sit in most of the time....
If a armed bad guy kicks open your door you will never get to that shotgun in the corner in time to use it , plus now you have given him another gun . If you have guard dog in the house [ not a barker ] and will attack you a few seconds to get that shotgun in the corner . Take the time and have someone open your door and play the bad guy with a gun and see in real time if you can reach it . The one I like best is I keep a shotgun at the ft door . If the bad guy kick open your door with a gun you stand no change of getting it .

If I don't carry my gun it is next to mouse when I'm on the computer . Now this work for me and I'm single but every ones house and areas are different . Just remember bad guy come in three's in most home invasion . They will drive right up to your front door looking for a lost dog or some other lame thing .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: colorado
Posts: 5,641
Change her view of a loaded gun in the house?
Dennis H is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
I hate to admit it but I keep my camera closer than my firearm.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
I hate to admit it but I keep my camera closer than my firearm.
So the cops have a pic of the guy who shot and kill you . My camera is next to my computed so I can take pic bad guy after I kill him . I take no prisoners . It is my word against a dead man ask Zimmerman how that work out .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
brianinpa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
If a armed bad guy kicks open your door you will never get to that shotgun in the corner in time to use it , plus now you have given him another gun . If you have guard dog in the house [ not a barker ] and will attack you a few seconds to get that shotgun in the corner . Take the time and have someone open your door and play the bad guy with a gun and see in real time if you can reach it . The one I like best is I keep a shotgun at the ft door . If the bad guy kick open your door with a gun you stand no change of getting it .

If I don't carry my gun it is next to mouse when I'm on the computer . Now this work for me and I'm single but every ones house and areas are different . Just remember bad guy come in three's in most home invasion . They will drive right up to your front door looking for a lost dog or some other lame thing .
TX, I understand what you are saying, but the way my den is, my chair and shotgun are right next to each other. It is what I am going for and not the pistol on my waist if someone comes through the door. In addition, my den is at the opposite end of the house away from any doors. Only way someone is getting that gun before me is if I have holes in me first.
brianinpa is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinpa View Post
only way someone is getting that gun before me is if i have holes in me first.
That works for me
tx gun runner is offline  
Reply

  Gunner Forum > Gunner Forum > CCW

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List


Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Gunner Forum. All rights reserved.