1938 Red Rider - Gunner Forum
Gunner Forum

1938 Red Rider

This is a discussion on 1938 Red Rider within the Rifles forums, part of the Long Gun Forum category; I got this today to shoot my spinners in the back yard . I got this new in the box for $39.95 which is a ...


Go Back   Gunner Forum > Long Gun Forum > Rifles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
1938 Red Rider

I got this today to shoot my spinners in the back yard . I got this new in the box for $39.95 which is a deal . My "X" can give both Daisy to some kids in my passing if I don't wear them out . . That Red Rider has a 10 lbs trigger pull I will need to do some about that . The sight I think they used a hatch to cut them out . I will make some new ones or order there Timber line peep if they are cheap . I'm very surprised how good it shoot . P.S. it has a metal lever ....




Last edited by tx gun runner; 05-11-2015 at 07:24 PM.
tx gun runner is offline  
Register

Welcome to Gunner Forum - a friendly gun forum for gun owners.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Gunner Forum family!

Old 05-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
RetiredSeabee's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Harrisburg, North Carolina
Posts: 4,267
I have a 70th anniversary one still in the wrapper my daughter gave it to me five years ago. This makes me want to open it up and shoot it.
RetiredSeabee is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
daytime dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Upstate NY
Posts: 462
That's pretty good accuracy. Good price too.
daytime dave is offline  
 
Old 05-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Nice shooting. I take it you were sitting backwards in the chair. I may try that.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
moakes58's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
From: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 4,728
Preety good shooting! Be careful, you'll shoot your eye out!
moakes58 is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: northern wisconsin
Posts: 5,997
It is shooting, so it has to be fun. Good for you TGR. You might be starting a trend, here.
north country gal is offline  
Old 05-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
Nice shooting. I take it you were sitting backwards in the chair. I may try that.
Half backwards.... I sit on the left side of chair and put my left elbow on the back of chair and grip the ft of the forearm . The POI is the same as my standing offhand
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
Half backwards.... I sit on the left side of chair and put my left elbow on the back of chair and grip the ft of the forearm . The POI is the same as my standing offhand
Thanks.
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 05-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
I've got over 2000 rds threw my Red Rider and like all spring gun I can not master it . I can watch my front sight and 5 with stay on target , the next 2 will torque right . The next 2 the muzzle will rise and the BB will drop low into GOD country for no reason . I've tried 10 different grips , tight , loose and even free float the gun in my hand . I got the trigger mastered and extended to the lever so I could get a better and more uniform pull .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
I've got over 2000 rds threw my Red Rider and like all spring gun I can not master it . I can watch my front sight and 5 with stay on target , the next 2 will torque right . The next 2 the muzzle will rise and the BB will drop low into GOD country for no reason . I've tried 10 different grips , tight , loose and even free float the gun in my hand . I got the trigger mastered and extended to the lever so I could get a better and more uniform pull .
You do know the Red Ryder was designed for ten year olds don't you?
303Lithgow is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Lithgow View Post
You do know the Red Ryder was designed for ten year olds don't you?
I'm not losing the next BB gun fight I get into or getting my butt waxed by a 8 yr old kid sharp shooter .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 05-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
303Lithgow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 16,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
I'm not losing the next BB gun fight I get into or getting my butt waxed by a 8 yr old kid sharp shooter .
Stay away from Perkiomen Creek.
303Lithgow is offline  
Reply

  Gunner Forum > Long Gun Forum > Rifles


Search tags for this page

where did sitting backwards trend rds on a chair originate from

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Gunner Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
heritage rough rider velvalco Single Action Revolvers 10 10-26-2013 05:29 PM
Heritage Rough Rider Et2ss Single Action Revolvers 6 09-14-2009 08:05 PM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List


Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Gunner Forum. All rights reserved.