EDC Pistols with optics - Gunner Forum
Gunner Forum

EDC Pistols with optics

This is a discussion on EDC Pistols with optics within the Semi Auto Pistols forums, part of the Handgun Forum category; I scoffed at my friend for getting one, and then he traded it off....to me. Needless to say, I have adapted to it. But I ...


Go Back   Gunner Forum > Handgun Forum > Semi Auto Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Virginia
Posts: 30
EDC Pistols with optics

I scoffed at my friend for getting one, and then he traded it off....to me. Needless to say, I have adapted to it. But I still remain skilled with open sights.

My first was my friend's G19 MOS with an RMR, and extra things that are not essential but are on it: stippling, milled slide, Ghost Triggers Ultimate, Overwatch Precision Trigger/bar.

For every optic I outfit them with backup Suppressor Height Tritium sights. I prefer Tritium powered reflex sights over battery since it's always "On".

Having visual acuity changes in my "middle age" I find the fewer focal planes to be an advantage. However, there is a learning curve for a new user. The sights have to be brought up to eye level. Next, the sights don't play a factor at less than 15 yards.

I do find transitions to be faster from target to target, and there is no significant added bulk when carrying.





Anyone else? I have an FN FNP 45 that I wish had the optics plate, and I'm waiting on a mounting plate for my FN 5.7.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CDRGlock is offline  
Register

Welcome to Gunner Forum - a friendly gun forum for gun owners.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Gunner Forum family!

Old 09-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Columbia Falls
Posts: 2
I used them on an M&P i built for my wife. she likes them. i don't use them since my EDC is a full size magnum revolver and i am fine with it in all ways.




THE GUNSLINGER
qmasterarms is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
44s Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Far Western WA.
Posts: 10,815
Never tried them. I try to keep my EDC as minimal as possible but for home or competition that would be good.
44s Rock is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
How about this in 22 mag with folding grip with laser and bayonet .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAA-Bayonet.jpg (68.3 KB, 9 views)
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Virginia
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
How about was this in 22 mag with folding grip with laser and bayonet .




My only prefer light:



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CDRGlock is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
bearcatter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Virginia
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
How about this in 22 mag with folding grip with laser and bayonet .
Does it have radar too?.....That bayonet looks a bit sharp for pocket carry......
bearcatter is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
tx gun runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Ft Hood , Tx area
Posts: 11,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
Does it have radar too?.....That bayonet looks a bit sharp for pocket carry......
That not my gun , I got the pic off the internet . Sitting down with that in your front pocket would great if you want a sex change . The gun shop in Killeen Tx has that setup in stock if anyone needs one .
tx gun runner is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Columbia Falls
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx gun runner View Post
That not my gun , I got the pic off the internet . Sitting down with that in your front pocket would great if you want a sex change . The gun shop in Killeen Tx has that setup in stock if anyone needs one .


I want the grenade launcher option.
qmasterarms is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Sightngrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: in the wind or on the beach
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post


My only prefer light:



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HA! Ditto! Way too funny!

I don't care for bulky carry guns. However that doesn't mean I don't carry larger framed guns, just not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none. I prefer a smooth snag-free draw for potential self defense situations.

As for range guns, let it rain optics and what ever else floats your boat.

But each to their own.
Sightngrl is offline  
Old 09-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Virginia
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightngrl View Post
HA! Ditto! Way too funny!



I don't care for bulky carry guns. However that doesn't mean I don't carry larger framed guns, just not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none. I prefer a smooth snag-free draw for potential self defense situations.



As for range guns, let it rain optics and what ever else floats your boat.



But each to their own.


Well I play both ends of the spectrum. I was tired of the revolver vs semiauto, capacity vs ballistic arguments. So I carry a Kimber K6S with 158 gr JHPs and a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR and red dot sights. One is for quick draw and the other is for sheer firepower.

My hunting guns are my favorite, as I get a rush from shooting them. That Smith 500 with 350 grains has a loud bark and moderate recoil, relatively speaking to my 500 gr 500 magnum load...quite a fierce round for a heavy bullet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CDRGlock is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:20 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
44s Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Far Western WA.
Posts: 10,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
Well I play both ends of the spectrum. I was tired of the revolver vs semiauto, capacity vs ballistic arguments. So I carry a Kimber K6S with 158 gr JHPs and a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR and red dot sights. One is for quick draw and the other is for sheer firepower.

My hunting guns are my favorite, as I get a rush from shooting them. That Smith 500 with 350 grains has a loud bark and moderate recoil, relatively speaking to my 500 gr 500 magnum load...quite a fierce round for a heavy bullet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I shot my 2-3/4" 357 witth hot loads in the dark once! Only once!!
44s Rock is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:33 AM   #12
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Virginia
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44s Rock View Post
I shot my 2-3/4" 357 witth hot loads in the dark once! Only once!!


I've shot these guys in very low light. I haven't become blind, yet.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CDRGlock is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bearcatter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Virginia
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightngrl View Post
HA! Ditto! Way too funny!

I don't care for bulky carry guns........not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none.......and what ever else floats your boat.
I agree, plus one, ditto. You don't need much help at 15-20 feet. My SP is bigger than I'd like, but nothing else floats my boat....

What's an rmrs?.........Oh, got it, Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (sights).

Last edited by bearcatter; 09-06-2017 at 08:55 AM.
bearcatter is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #14
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Virginia
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
I agree, plus one, ditto. You don't need much help at 15-20 feet. My SP is bigger than I'd like, but nothing else floats my boat....



What's an rmrs?.........Oh, got it, Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (sights).


At that distance I just point shoot. I don't even need Sights to hit center of mass.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CDRGlock is offline  
Reply

  Gunner Forum > Handgun Forum > Semi Auto Pistols


Search tags for this page

edc gunner

,
edc handguns with optics
,
optic on pistold for edc
,
qmasterarms
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Gunner Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaking the Glass Ceiling: German Precision Optics gr8fuldoug Cameraland 0 08-29-2017 10:42 AM
Camera Land is excited to share this Hawke Optics Press Release with you gr8fuldoug Cameraland 0 06-17-2017 07:53 AM
Winners Chosen - Next Drawing is June 7th for Vortex Sports Optics gr8fuldoug Cameraland 0 05-03-2017 09:08 AM
Winners Chosen - Next Drawing is May 3rd for GPO Sports Optics gr8fuldoug Cameraland 0 04-06-2017 08:23 AM
Sneak Peek - GPO - German Precision Optics gr8fuldoug Cameraland 0 03-08-2017 05:50 AM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List


Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Gunner Forum. All rights reserved.